• Moderators
  • 1,082 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:2451-2432-6142
  • Pokemon B/W Code:2322-5428-3694
  • LocationRenais
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:LightningLad27
  • Favorite Zelda Game:A Link to the Past

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:52 AM

I really want to talk about the timeline, please join me! I'm a splitist, but if you're a linearist, that's okay, I like to hear all opinions! If you don't believe in the timeline, then you don't have to read this post and can go along to something more important to yourself. Come, help me construct the perfect timeline!

Here's mine at the current point in time:

Child: OoT - MM - TP - OoX - TMC - FS - FSA
Adult: OoT - ALttP - LA - WW - PH - ST - TLoZ - AoL

I didn't include Skyward Sword because it hasn't been released yet.
If you want me to explain my placements then tell me so, and please tell me your timeline! :vhappyl:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 lunk hero of nuts

lunk hero of nuts

the grapist/nerd pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:0389-5602-9184
  • Pokemon B/W Code:120590591947
  • Locationin perfect isolation behind my wall
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:theta1139
  • Favorite Zelda Game:The Wind Waker

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:21 PM

this is pretty good but someone will always find a hole i think games are literal legends but i enjoy watching timeline wars
what happens when link drinks too much he becomes lunk the hero of nuts you must comment on this sig or be stocked

my teachers time of the month is every day

we teh stoodentz of assumption in ordr 2 form a mor purfect skool will ovr trow miss lacour 2 protect teh trankuili t and sthuff

no it burns

Icy said:
I can't believe it but I think you've gotten me into Rush…
Posted Image

#3 vaatidorf

vaatidorf

Subrosian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:43 PM

Child: OoT - MM - TP - OoX - TMC - FS - FSA
Adult: OoT - ALttP - LA - WW - PH - ST - TLoZ - AoL

This is an ok timleine. I've seen timelines like this a lot on various sites.

The FS games can go anywhere as far as I'm concerned, but I usually try to place FSA at some point before ALTTP. Placing ALTTP between OOT and TWW doesn't work. The IW seal was broken in ALTTP and Ganon died there, and in TWW, the OOT seal was broken at some point and that Ganon died. Not to mention you'd have to explain how Ganon could have the whole triforce in ALTTP and have only the Triforce of Power in TWW which was with him since OOT. And the ToC split on the AT shortly after OOT Link returned to his time and wasn't reunited until TWW. No triforce games can occur between OOT and TWW, or after TWW for that matter. ALTTP, LA, as well as LOZ and AOL (ALTTP is still a confirmed prequel to LOZ) really should be on the CT. The oracles could go anywhere as well. I'd recommend looking at the translations of the Japanese versions of the games I posted on this site a while back.

Oh. Here's my timeline:
............./TWW/PH-ST
(TMC?)-SS-OOT
.............\MM-TP-(TMC-FS/FSA?)-ALTTP/LA-LOZ/AOL-OOX

I have explanations for some of the placements here. I was planning on putting my timeline on a site I'm making, but this could be just as fun. Sorry if my posts tend to be a little long.

this is pretty good but someone will always find a hole i think games are literal legends but i enjoy watching timeline wars
I've seen enough timelines like this to know how to (attempt) to take them apart. And I know it has been confirmed in at least two (or was it three) interviews this year that there is a timeline. Not that I mind the literal legends theory.
My timeline:
....../TWW/PH-ST
SS-OOT
......\MM-TP-TMC-FS/FSA-ALTTP/OOX/LA-(AST)-LOZ/AOL

Posted Image

#4 lunk hero of nuts

lunk hero of nuts

the grapist/nerd pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

well nintendo is probably just saying that for hype or something
what happens when link drinks too much he becomes lunk the hero of nuts you must comment on this sig or be stocked

we teh stoodentz of assumption in ordr 2 form a mor purfect skool will ovr trow miss lacour 2 protect teh trankuili t and sthuff

no it burns

Icy said:
Posted Image

#5 TriumphForks

TriumphForks

Hero of Fate

• Moderators
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationRenais

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

Well vaatidorf, I guess I've always looked at Ganon and Ganondorf always being two different entities, like if the beast dies, the human lives on, and vice versa. I guess I could be wrong, but who knows, that's the only reason my timeline is the way it is. We should work together and make a really awesome timeline! One more thing, I don't think the Oracle games can come after Four Swords Adventure because Ganon is alive in FSA, but in the end he is sealed in the Four Sword, but in the Oracle games Twinrova is trying to resurrect him. I guess I have one thing to change about my timeline, I'd have to put ALttP and LA after TP on the Child Timeline.
Thanks for listening! :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 vaatidorf

vaatidorf

Subrosian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

View PostTriumphForks, on 23 December 2010 - 05:57 PM, said:

Well vaatidorf, I guess I've always looked at Ganon and Ganondorf always being two different entities, like if the beast dies, the human lives on, and vice versa. I guess I could be wrong, but who knows, that's the only reason my timeline is the way it is. We should work together and make a really awesome timeline! One more thing, I don't think the Oracle games can come after Four Swords Adventure because Ganon is alive in FSA, but in the end he is sealed in the Four Sword, but in the Oracle games Twinrova is trying to resurrect him. I guess I have one thing to change about my timeline, I'd have to put ALttP and LA after TP on the Child Timeline.
Thanks for listening! :D
Your welcome.
I think that there are multiple Ganons in the series. Two for certain. The one in OOT who died in TP and TWW,and the one in FSA. And how is Ganon being alive in FSA be a problem without the oracles being before it? FSA Ganon was born a short time before the game began (some of the gerudo talk about this Ganon being born, at most, a few decades earlier), and this Ganon is probably the one in the 2D games, or at least one of them. If he is the Ganon in the 2D games (I'm leading towards FSA being LOZ Ganon to allow both stories of demon Ganon's transformation to work out), then he is still dead by the time the oracles would occur, and they more than likely occur after ALTTP.The only times the wholoe triforce is in Hyrule and it is known that the demon Ganon is dead is after ALTTP and AOL. Why do the Capcom games and FSA have to be so messed up?!!!

Oh. Shouldn't LOZ and AOL be moved to the child timeline as well?

Edited by vaatidorf, 24 December 2010 - 09:17 PM.

My timeline:
....../TWW/PH-ST
SS-OOT

Posted Image

#7 TriumphForks

TriumphForks

Hero of Fate

• Moderators
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationRenais

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:35 AM

I don't know why the Capcom games have to be so confusing. :=Sl:
And I'm still not entirely sure about moving LoZ and AoL to the Child Timeline...I still have my qualms about it. Actually, I have my qualms about this whole damn timeline, that's why I keep working on it, finding flaws, fixing things, and then finding more problems again and again! All I know for certain is SS starts it, OoT splits it, MM and TP are on the Child Timeline, and the Wind Waker series is on the Adult Timelne. This is gonna take a lot more work, isn't it? :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 vaatidorf

vaatidorf

Subrosian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:58 AM

View PostTriumphForks, on 26 December 2010 - 09:35 AM, said:

I don't know why the Capcom games have to be so confusing. :=Sl:
And I'm still not entirely sure about moving LoZ and AoL to the Child Timeline...I still have my qualms about it. Actually, I have my qualms about this whole damn timeline, that's why I keep working on it, finding flaws, fixing things, and then finding more problems again and again! All I know for certain is SS starts it, OoT splits it, MM and TP are on the Child Timeline, and the Wind Waker series is on the Adult Timelne. This is gonna take a lot more work, isn't it? :P

Trying to place the games is half the fun. And ALTTP is a prequel to LOZ, so shouldn't they be grouped together? Not to mention it would take a lot to explain how the Triforce reemerged in ST Hyrule if LOZ/AOL is on the AT and would go against what the king wished for in TWW. Here's a way to add some more fun here. Read most of the translations (or at least TP, FSA, and TWW. TMC as well if you feel like it) I posted here. I think I included a few in the document I linked to in this thread. I haven't had a timleine debate as fun as this since the last time I was on ZU.
My timeline:
....../TWW/PH-ST
SS-OOT

Posted Image

#9 Larke12

Larke12

Ooco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:3567-5335-9333
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:LarkeTwelve
  • Favorite Zelda Game:Twilight Princess

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

Timeline:

SS

MC

FS/FSA

OoS+OoA

LoZ

AoL

ALTTP

LA

(BS Zelda: Kodai No Sekiban -- Japan only release cont' story.)

OoT(Child)

OoT | | MM

WW | | TP+LCT

PH | |

ST | |

Posted Image

Zelda Reorchestrated (ZREO) | World Zelda Music Radio (WZMR)

Gemakei.com | NFNet.org | G4TV.com

#10 lunk hero of nuts

lunk hero of nuts

the grapist/nerd pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:12 AM

no just no larke

no it burns

Icy said:
Posted Image

#11 TriumphForks

TriumphForks

Hero of Fate

• Moderators
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationRenais

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

I agree with you lunk.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Larke12

Larke12

Ooco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:3567-5335-9333
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:LarkeTwelve
  • Favorite Zelda Game:Twilight Princess

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

My timeline is based off of what the developers say it is. That is how it should look, but they like how fans made up their own and don't want to release the true timeline.

Posted Image

Zelda Reorchestrated (ZREO) | World Zelda Music Radio (WZMR)

Gemakei.com | NFNet.org | G4TV.com

#13 vaatidorf

vaatidorf

Subrosian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

View PostLarke12, on 07 January 2011 - 11:24 PM, said:

Timeline:

SS

MC

FS/FSA

OoS+OoA

LoZ

AoL

ALTTP

LA

OoT(Child)

OoT | | MM

WW | | TP+LCT

PH | |

ST | |

some of this doesn't work. LOZ/AOL have been confirmed to go after OOT, and I recently posted an interview on this site which mentions ALTTP is a prequel to LOZ. The Capcom games, as I've said before, con occur after a time Ganon is dead and the triforce is in the possession of the royal family.

I rarely see this in a timeline, and it definitly makes the transition to LOZ a little easier. In case you don't already know, this game translates into Ancient Stone Tablets (AST). It is definitly a game worth playing.
My timeline:
....../TWW/PH-ST
SS-OOT

Posted Image

#14 Farore

Farore

Lorena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts
  • LocationHyrule
  • Favorite Zelda Game:Link's Awakening

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

[/quote]

[size=2][quote name='lunk hero of nuts' timestamp='1294445569' post='12008']
no just no larke
[/quote]

lol you are mean, at least he posted his theory

To be honest I don't find the place for the [size=2]BS Zelda: Kodai No Sekiban, because that game is a spin off, there are a lot of missing spots here, but nice try it makes me think a lot :O[/size][/size]

#15 TriumphForks

TriumphForks

Hero of Fate

• Moderators
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationRenais

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't really count the BS Zelda games, but I really want to play them...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 lunk hero of nuts

lunk hero of nuts

the grapist/nerd pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:25 AM

its just so out there im not trying to be mean miss miss something hurtful i will come up with later

no it burns

Icy said:
Posted Image

#17 vaatidorf

vaatidorf

Subrosian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

View PostTriumphForks, on 12 January 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

Yeah, I wouldn't really count the BS Zelda games, but I really want to play them...
Why wouldn't they count? I wouldn't call them entirely canon, but they can be used to determine creators' intent at the time. I would mention the reasons for that here, but I think I mentioned something about the satleview games in my timeline document which is posted on this thread. And you should go to the BS Zelda website if you want to play them. Zelda Legends has a link.
My timeline:
....../TWW/PH-ST
SS-OOT

Posted Image

#18 TriumphForks

TriumphForks

Hero of Fate

• Moderators
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationRenais

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

Oh yeah, I actually stopped caring about the timeline and I'm just enjoying the games as they are. For all I care this topic can be deleted.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 lunk hero of nuts

lunk hero of nuts

the grapist/nerd pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:23 PM

lol who needs the timeline when you can play zelda

no it burns

Icy said:
Posted Image

#20 TriumphForks

TriumphForks

Hero of Fate

• Moderators
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationRenais

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

My thoughts exactly, if Nintendo releases a real timeline, I'll show interest, but until then, I don't care.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users