• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:2793-2449-0485
  • Pokemon B/W Code:0647-5253-2673
  • LocationNorth Carolina, US
  • 3DS Friend Code:4296-3048-0671
  • Favorite Zelda Game:Skyward Sword

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

I never said it was impossible. It's just very difficult.

Also, SCII Link isn't canon. In the Zelda series, Link never wields the Biggoron's Sword with one hand except when he's crouching. Ike can wield Ragnell, which is heavy as hell and definitely heavier than the Biggoron's Sword, with one hand as if it were a regular sword. In fact, Ragnell is one of the two heaviest weapons in all of Fire Emblem, the other being Alondite, which is its counterpart.

If we're going to talk about stages, though, I'd love to see the Kauku Caves from FE: Radiant Dawn be added. It would be perfect! While characters are fighting each other inside the hot molten cavern, flaming rocks will fall down on the stage once in awhile for some excitement.

Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness Ponies!

Posted Image

Posted Image
I'm an Ike fangirl for life. <3

#62 LordXenon

LordXenon

Subrosian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:4083-8611-9268
  • LocationOhio
  • Favorite Zelda Game:Twilight Princess

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

Wait, isn't that already in Brawl? That sounds eerily like the 3rd part of Castle Siege. http://www.youtube.c...nwaQW6knw#t=99s <- Watch from that point on, and you'll see what I mean.
Posted Image

#63 Anacybele

Anacybele

Goron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

No, it's not. I know what you mean, I played on Castle Siege all the time, as it's my favorite stage.

But it's not the same as what I'm talking about. The Kauku Caves stage would be bigger, and the flaming rocks that fell would actually hurt characters. There would also be some big rocks to jump on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 Muigi

Muigi

Ooco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • 3DS Friend Code:0130-1803-8827
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:Muigi01
  • Favorite Zelda Game:A Link to the Past

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

When will thesebogus rumors end?! BWAAAAHAHFJSHDGFHJSDGJDGSGLGSDGJGF

And why do they focus on just NEW characters? Some folks might be curious on what arenas could be available, ya know?

Like how about a Kirby's Epic yarn stage, where every character becomes a yarn version of themselves?

What about the possibility of revamping the veteran characters? In fact, I'll start off.

Veterans I'd like to see revamped:

Link - Skyward Sword has opened up so many new possibilities for a moveset that Link might actually get a major overhaul. The Skyward Strike, the vertical spin attack, skydiving in-general, I mean for Pete sake! He's GOT to get a overhaul for me to be impressed.

Zelda - Like Link, Skyward Sword will more than likely change Zelda completely when it comes to Smash seeing as how she can't use Din, Farore, or Nayru magic in the game. Maybe she'll be more of a brawler since she's just as adventurous as Link this time around? And we certainly can't use Shiek for a transformation, since Shiek and the Shiekah themselves don't even exist in Skyward Sword! Maybe she'll switch to Impa instead? Hard to tell.

Mario - It's kind of hard to change what's stable with the big M himself. Perhaps FLUDD will be replaced with Galaxy's spin attack? Maybe it could replace his cape attack. It has the same properties as the cape, so why not? And don't say that's what the Mario Tornado is, because that doesn't count as being from Galaxy. That move was made up way before Galaxy was even thought of, so again it doesn't count.

Luigi - Like his brother Mario, Luigi might have the Galaxy spin attack as a move. Maybe implement something from Luigi's Mansion for a final smash? I dunno what it could be, but it's a thought.

Bowser - If they plan on giving the Mario Bros a Galaxy spin attack, it's only fair Bowser gets the one he uses as well. Besides, the big guy can always use more defensive maneuvers.

Samus - Make her more athletic like how she is in Other M with her attacks. The gameplay in Other M was very well-done, and mimicking that in a fighting game of sorts is going to be a serious challenge.

All I got for now... I'll think of some more later on.

#65 Anacybele

Anacybele

Goron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Not bad ideas! The SMG spin is actually called the Star Spin, but that would still be awesome to see on both Mario brothers. :3

Oh, and Link could use the Whip from Skyward Sword for a grab attack instead of the old Hookshot! It would also let him grab things, just like the Hookshot did too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 SpAtk154

SpAtk154

Ooco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:You mad, bros?
  • Location@home
  • Favorite Zelda Game:The Wind Waker

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

So for those with a little bit of free time, there's a world record in progress:

http://www.twitch.tv/meleememphistv

These guys plan to play SSBM for 36+ hours for the "Longest Videogames Marathon Playing a Fighting Game" record, originally held by some guys who played Mortal Kombat for 32 hours. Going from now till, at the very least, tomorrow.

http://a5.sphotos.ak...089875283_n.jpg

Posted Image

On a funny side note David Guetta made a tribute to MK being banned.
/here
Posted Image

#67 Anacybele

Anacybele

Goron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

Meh, Brawl is more deserving of a record like that. But it still sounds interesting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 Muigi

Muigi

Ooco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostAnacybele, on 14 January 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Meh, Brawl is more deserving of a record like that. But it still sounds interesting.
Agreed, but it's still interesting enough. These days, I honestly think people are giving Melee a little too much benefit of the doubt.

#69 Anacybele

Anacybele

Goron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

I agree. I don't see what's so great about the game. I find Melee to have a boring story mode compared to Brawl's, its gameplay is too fast, and Brawl just has so much more to offer, like the stage builder, the online, more characters, Final Smashes, etc. I used to like Melee and I thought it was an alright game, but that was before Brawl came around. I never touched Melee again after that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#70 SpAtk154

SpAtk154

Ooco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Location@home

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostMuigi, on 14 January 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

These days, I honestly think people are giving Melee a little too much benefit of the doubt.

How many ppl do you seriously know are doing that? Really. Me, and... one or two others? There is a much higher demand and support for Brawl. Don't go saying it like there's so many people giving Melee credit, when there isn't even enough out there. The community's constantly trying to get its name out, struggling hard to show what the game has to offer to modern audiences.

Since opinions are being thrown out now, I don't see what's so great about Brawl. At least, not anymore. It has a story mode, but a forgettable one; the only good that came from it were the cutscenes. The roster's lackluster and occupied by fighters that shouldn't even BE there, the items are broken, the fighters are either very good or terrible, the gameplay is shallow, slow and boring. The whole experience ages very quickly on you... at least, if you hadn't touched the previous 2 games in either forever, or you're a newbie.

I tried the game for a year, I really did, and I got into it. I was pissed when I learned Gamespot gave it a 9.5 out of 10 instead of a perfect score, I still remember that. But then our Wii busted, so we had to play SSBM on the GCN for a month or two (no N64 here ]: )... I didn't even think about turning back to Melee after playing Brawl for so long, but it only took a few matches before I realized . . . just what a shallow game I'd been playing with Brawl.

The experience differs with everyone; I can understand Melee being too fast for some ppl. Hell, if anything, the game's too fast for me sometimes, but what I love most is the learning curve of it. Brawl's so pick-up-and-play easy, I could defeat ppl with characters I'd never played with. And it gets boring. SSBM? My Fox constantly dies, my Pichu constantly dies, characters I don't play suck. And characters I'm good with, do good to great. Your skill shows, and it's pretty intense stuff.

I could go all day, but that's just the tip of what I think. The whole thing is stupid, comparing Bawrl to Meree, and not even including the original in anything. Comparing all of them's just stupid. Play what you enjoy; I'm not making converts of anyone, and no one's making a convert of me.

...I keep forgetting Sonic is in Brawl. >:

Posted Image

/here
Posted Image

#71 Anacybele

Anacybele

Goron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

Funny, the majority of Smash Bros. players seem to think Brawl is more balanced than Melee in terms of the character roster and that Melee is the most unbalanced game in the series.

But yes, the experience is different for everyone and I dislike getting into these kinds of debates anyway. Some people like Brawl, some people like Melee. That's that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#72 Muigi

Muigi

Ooco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

It's more about taste, really. I'm not mad about it, if that's what you're thinking.

The only reason I say that is because all the media sites I see keep saying Melee has better everything than Brawl, and that's just not true.

#73 Anacybele

Anacybele

Goron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Same here, Muigi. I'm glad I'm not alone in that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#74 Icy

Icy

Zora

• Moderators
  • 760 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:1120-3265-4771
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN:CaptainIcy
  • 3DS Friend Code:2492-4217-7321

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

Oh, man, I have to agree with SpAtk. Maybe his thoughts on Brawl go a little far in saying it's some terrible game, but he's really right about Melee being better overall. It's subjective, more than likely. It'd be hard to say seriously whether one is better than the other, but I guess what I mean is, I agree with SpAtk's opinion. ;)

Melee just has something… that Brawl doesn't. I don't really know what it is. But he did sum it up in his post.

And no, no, Brawl is a VERY good and fun game. I just prefer Melee for the reasons SpAtk stated. ;)
Posted Image

#75 SpAtk154

SpAtk154

Ooco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Location@home

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

^ I don't mean to say Brawl is a terrible game, not at all. I may bash it to hell religiously nowadays, mostly because I can't stand the fanbase glorifying it to death, but when I played it I did have fun with it. Throwing sticky bombs on Yoshi asses were some of the highlights for me. It's got a LOT of content (music, trophies, and useless stickers), the graphics are really good, and while I think the roster's pretty uninspired and bland, it's still bigger than the last 2 games. Also, I love the story mode cutscenes. And the SSE... is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me, as much as ppl like to pick on it.

Just as a Smash game, while it may've taken me a year or so, it didn't live up to the hype and was a huge disappointment. I could argue ppl felt this way about Twilight Princess (I wasn't around for the hype, didn't even know it existed till after I finished the game; I thought the game was good)... I guess a better example would be MvC, I saw the same look on people's faces about Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, which looks like a solid fun game to me, but for the fans who've waited for a sequel, it wasn't so nice. Not sure what Ultimate has to offer, but that's another discussion altogether I'm sure.

View PostAnacybele, on 14 January 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

But yes, the experience is different for everyone and I dislike getting into these kinds of debates anyway. Some people like Brawl, some people like Melee. That's that.

Brawl more balanced...? MK got banned from tournaments recently, SSBM (and the original) haven't had any character issues like that, and they've been out for years longer. Not sure where you hear that balance thing from...?

Still, I agree with you on the latter. The BvM thing has been going on for, what, about 4 years now? I'm getting about as sick of it as anyone. Sick and tired. Play what you enjoy, just.. don't go overboard and try shoving it down other ppl's throats how "glorious" they are. It makes the game look bad, and it makes the person look ridiculous.

View PostMuigi, on 15 January 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

The only reason I say that is because all the media sites I see keep saying Melee has better everything than Brawl, and that's just not true.

Hmmm. I haven't seen anything like that lately. Mind linking 1 or 2 ? The only articles I saw were some years ago, but they were few and far in-between.

Posted Image

/here
Posted Image

#76 Anacybele

Anacybele

Goron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

MK is the only real problem the roster had in terms of balance, actually. Other than that, no character is THAT much better or worse than the others. In fact, I have little trouble battling Marth with Ike, for example, and this is from experience against live players. Yet, there's a huge gap between them on the tier list. This is why Brawl's tier list changes so much and why some characters have gone up a lot and some have gone down a lot (like Luigi, unfortunately. He used to be fairly high, but now he's a bit low). It's difficult to pinpoint exactly how much worse or better a character is than the others because there's more balance. But in Melee, Fox WAAAAAY outclasses Pichu and other low-tier characters. Captain Falcon users could beat any of them easily too.

This is only what I heard from places like Smashboards, though. Still, they're a reliable site.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#77 SpAtk154

SpAtk154

Ooco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Location@home

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostAnacybele, on 16 January 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

MK is the only real problem the roster had in terms of balance, actually. ~ Yet, there's a huge gap between [Marth and Ike] on the tier list. This is why Brawl's tier list changes so much and why some characters have gone up a lot and some have gone down a lot. It's difficult to pinpoint exactly how much worse or better a character is than the others because there's more balance. But in Melee, Fox WAAAAAY outclasses Pichu and other low-tier characters. Captain Falcon users could beat any of them easily too.

I get alot of my info from SWF, too. Though I should point out... I play Mewtwo, and like Ike, both are pretty low on their respective tier lists. But that doesn't stop me from taking down Fox's and such. I try not to follow tier lists too much, but I do believe some characters have more advantages and disadvantages over each other (in MK's case, he's extremely fast, can deal damage quickly, and has some really good knockback/recovery... the makings of a broke fighter; in Mewtwo's case, he's huge, slow, and light... not the makings of a stable fighter, or at least an easy to play one).

Fox can take down a lot of characters in SSBM, but can't this be said for just about anyone? If you know how to play them, then it is. Fox's no pick-up-and-play fighter, I'll say that. I was able to pick up and play MK in that recent Brawl tournament we had here, and made it pretty far with hardly any practice. Fox in Melee....... I constantly kill myself. He's just way too fast, and way too technical for me. I don't see how ppl play this guy so well, he's one of the "worst" characters in the game for me. :b I'm pretty terrible with Falcon too... but his knees are so fun to hit.~ That's probably why I lose. XD

On that note with Pichu v. Fox, in that world record stream posted ^ up there somewhere, there was a Kirby & Pichu team vs. a Fox & Falco team... and the Kirby-Pichu team actually pulled out a win. It was pretty hilarious, but somehow it happened. The players are all very seasoned, too, I've seen them in tournament videos plenty. It's all about the time you put into your characters that matters. I think there's someone here who mains Ganondorf in Brawl, and I've heard they're actually very good with him. Kudos to putting in time to that character, seriously, whomever it was here.

Posted Image

/here
Posted Image

#78 Muigi

Muigi

Ooco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Sakurai is finally starting to (somewhat) work on the next Smash Bros.

Kid Icarus Uprising is almost out. For Project Sora head Masahiro Sakurai, that means it's time to start work on the next Smash Bros. game.

Sakurai made a Tweet about his work on the new Smash Bros. today. He says that that in between final work on Uprising, as part of his investigations for the new Smash Bros., he's looking over Smash Bros. Dojo, the official site for Wii's Smash Bros. Brawl. Writes Sakurai, "However, what's the word... it's tremendous. How did we make this?"

Following the Tweet, Sakurai received messages of support from a few followers. Masanobu Suzui, CEO of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy developer Indies Zero, agreed with Sakurai's sentiment, saying that he once looked back over the design documents, materials and development schedule for a game he'd worked on and couldn't figure out how they'd actually made the game.

Responded Sakurai, "It's because we always put our full effort into it. And then, if you rely on that pace, it becomes more and more difficult."

Nintendo has said little about the new Smash Bros. since its announcement in June 2011. Pretty much everything we know comes from an Iwata Asks column that Nintendo posted following the game's announcement. In past Tweets, Sakurai has said that progress on Smash Bros. would not be made until Kid Icarus was complete. Kid Icarus went gold late last month.

#79 femputer

femputer

Forest Fairy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Favorite Zelda Game:Spirit Tracks

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

I like playing as Samus. Her screw attack is OP in my opinion hahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users