• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:2793-2449-0485
  • Pokemon B/W Code:0647-5253-2673
  • LocationNorth Carolina, US
  • 3DS Friend Code:4296-3048-0671
  • Favorite Zelda Game:Skyward Sword

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

So, I decided to be HELPFUL to this forum's RP section and try getting it off the ground, and create a guide to teach newbies how to RP. All I did was list pointers and advice that any RP board would use.

But noooo, someone around here decided to delete it and after it was stickied and approved for use too. There was no reason for this. I wasn't trying to be in charge of anything. I had already offered to help and I had already sent two mods messages. But they never said anything back to me and I waited to see what they would do first. But they did nothing. So I decided to take matters into my own hands.

And what do I get for offering my help? For trying to be nice? For trying to make a crappy RP section look good and inviting? Nasty comments saying that I'm not in charge, it's not my responsibility, and that I shouldn't be assuming that I'm a mod.

Bullshit. I never did any of that. I didn't decide any actual rules for the board except for "Forum rules apply." I listed advice. If I wanted to do rules, I'd have called the thread "RP Board Rules" or something rather than "Newbie's Guide to Role Playing." Not everybody knows how to role play. I made that thread so newbies wouldn't be confused.

So far, Rad and Qxer have seen my intentions and that I was doing nothing wrong and I thank them for their support.

Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness Ponies!

Posted Image

Posted Image
I'm an Ike fangirl for life. <3

#2 Anacybele

Anacybele

Goron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

First of all, nobody told me she already had plans for a guide. Nobody told me ANYTHING, even after I sent them messages offering to help.

Second, why do I need permission to give newbies advice?

Third, I was being disrespectful? You and Amy were the ones who threw the help I offered back in my face.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Icy

Icy

Zora

• Moderators
  • 760 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:1120-3265-4771
  • LocationUnited States
  • PSN:CaptainIcy
  • 3DS Friend Code:2492-4217-7321
  • Favorite Zelda Game:The Wind Waker

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Um, I honestly thought it was very awesome of you to make a newbie's guide. I haven't ever really been able to RP very well and your guide was helpful.

I don't know why people thought you were acting like a moderator, really… I guess someone could take it that way but I know you only had the best intentions with your topic.
Don't understand the problem here but if Noah and/or Atrum say it wasn't okay I guess that's that.

I don't like what happened here and I would like to know exactly why this happened.

Of course, there are deleted posts in your thread and I don't know what they contained since I wasn't around when they were posted and before they were deleted, so there may have been some arguments but they should not have started anyway. Your guide was just fine and even if Atrum had plans for a guide herself and she was the moderator of the forum, then you still had no reason to suspect they didn't want you to make a topic with a guide.

If you don't want people to do things like that, then why not make a separate child-board within the RP section for guides/rules? And make it to where only moderators can make topics.

Also, what does Selenetiana have to do with this? Isn't he just a member?…

I'm a moderator here myself and I don't want to jump to conclusions so I will wait to see what everyone else has to say about this before saying anything further.

?……
Posted Image

#4 Noah

Noah

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,350 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:0002-8637-4418
  • Pokemon B/W Code:3739-9004-1598
  • LocationOhio
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:public designs
  • Favorite Zelda Game:Oracle of Seasons

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

Ok Selentiana, you are not a mod or staff either so do not add input to stuff like this.

Sorry it was deleted. We appreciate it being posted and it was helpful. Next time please just PM me and I will approve it

Posted Image

Legend of Zelda
Skyward Sword Walkthrough

LEM Products has the best stainless steel Meat Grinder on the market. Theyr new big bite technology improves what was already a top notch grinder.

Nayru said:

look we all know they ejac. onto a small rock and poof a goron baby.

#5 Anacybele

Anacybele

Goron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

Well, I understand fully that I am not a mod or in charge of the RP section. This is why I didn't decide every rule and regulation. In fact, I wasn't even really posting rules to begin with. I was posting advice for everyone to see. Advice that any veteran RPer would use on any RP board regardless of who runs them, like I said.

That was all. I apologize for any rudeness I exhibited, but I felt hurt and insulted when I saw my thread deleted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Selenetiana

Selenetiana

Forest Fairy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Favorite Zelda Game:Ocarina of Time

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

...point taken. Sorry.

I love my Amy~ <3

#7 Noah

Noah

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,350 posts
  • Brawl Friend Code:0002-8637-4418
  • Pokemon B/W Code:3739-9004-1598
  • LocationOhio
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:public designs
  • Favorite Zelda Game:Oracle of Seasons

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

I have changed permissions where regular members cannot post responses here.

From now on if you have a problem make a topic. A mod or admin will respond.

If further responses are needed than PM somebody from the staff list

Posted Image

Legend of Zelda
Skyward Sword Walkthrough

LEM Products has the best stainless steel Meat Grinder on the market. Theyr new big bite technology improves what was already a top notch grinder.

Nayru said:

look we all know they ejac. onto a small rock and poof a goron baby.

#8 Farore

Farore

Lorena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts
  • LocationHyrule
  • Favorite Zelda Game:Link's Awakening

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:45 AM

I believe you had the best intentions, you didn't do anything wrong, don't worry. Maybe the 'politest' thing to do was to warm the mod in charge of those topics that you were going to post a guide because well she was the one who was moderating the RP forums, but you had no idea that that kind of work was someone else's job, you just did it without any intentions of trying to become a mod so this is just a misunderstanding. Maybe I am a little late but too bad you felt offended because of stuff like this, we are a community and we have to be more unite and prudent with others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users